[Coastal] Persona Development Classes at Dec UH Fighter Practice

Wendy Freeman/Otte wyllowmacm at netscape.net
Mon Nov 26 17:45:23 PST 2001

Yes, I am running them again!  A basic class for newcomers, then a series of Enchanted Grounds on the 3 taboo subjects of conversation for gentles at all levels of Persona Development.

Sorry for the late notice - this is the year of last-minute planning... Please pass this on to any Newcomers you know.
(NOTE: If it rains tomorrow, I will run Class 1 & 2 back-to-back on the next Tuesday.)

A Mini-Series of Persona Classes taught by Honourable Lady Wyllow MacMuireadhaigh

Class 1: The Basics of Persona Development
--------
When: Tues, Nov 27, 7:30-8:30pm
Where: Univ. of Houston Fighter Practice, in the crook of the "U"-tree.

For those new to the SCA (and those wishing to add some depth to a basic persona), an hour-long class will be offered at the University of Houston Fighter Practice the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving.  This first course will cover the basics of developing your persona for the SCA, some of the pitfalls to avoid in choosing a persona, and how to "play" your persona at SCA events.
Bring a chair and your ideas.

    The classes on the next three Tuesdays are short open-forum discussions, meant to challenge all gentles in the SCA, from newcomer to founding member, to expand their persona just a little beyond their current comfort level.  I have purposely chosen the three taboo areas of polite conversation, since they are usually the primary external influences that shape a person.  (It also make for interesting conversation!)

Class 2: Politics and your Persona
--------
When: Tues, Dec 4, 7:30-8:00pm (wander in & out as you like)
Where: Univ. of Houston Fighter Practice, in the crook of the "U"-tree.

We will explore the idea of incorporating the politics of a time/locality into our speech and actions.  Bring a chair and some background info on the history of your time period.
(Starting Point: Who is your country's King/Queen?)

Class 3: Sex and your Persona
--------
When: Tues, Dec 11, 7:30-8:00pm (wander in & out as you like)
Where: Univ. of Houston Fighter Practice, in the crook of the "U"-tree.

We will explore the idea of incorporating the gender biases and expectations
of a time/locality into our speech and actions.  Bring a chair and some background info on the social structure of your time period.
(Starting Point: Who runs your household?)

Class 4: Religion and your Persona
--------
When: Tues, Dec 18, 7:30-8:00pm (wander in & out as you like)
Where: Univ. of Houston Fighter Practice, in the crook of the "U"-tree.

    We will explore the idea of incorporating the religious beliefs and traditions of a time/locality into our speech and actions.  Bring a chair and some background info on the religious traditions of your time period.
(Starting Point: What Winter festival do you celebrate?)

--
--Wendy F. Otte

"To err is human