[Coastal] Politics! - Tuesday UH Fighter Practice Persona Development classes.

Wendy Freeman/Otte wyllowmacm at netscape.net
Fri Nov 30 09:51:32 PST 2001

Well, since it rained last week, I'll be running two classes at the upcoming Fighter Practice - a basic class for newcomers or newly-motivated gentles, and an "Enchanted Ground" (which is a chance to play your persona for a short time) for all experience levels:

Class 1: The Basics of Persona Development
--------
When: Tues, Nov 27, 7:30-8:30pm
Where: Univ. of Houston Fighter Practice, in the crook of the "U"-tree.

For those new to the SCA (and those wishing to add some depth to a basic persona), this first class will cover the basics of developing your persona for the SCA, some of the pitfalls to avoid in choosing a persona, and how to "play" your persona at SCA events.
Bring a chair and your ideas.
Class 2: Politics and your Persona
--------
When: Tues, Dec 4, 8:30-9:00pm (wander in & out as you like)
Where: Univ. of Houston Fighter Practice, in the crook of the "U"-tree.

We will explore the idea of incorporating the politics of a time/locality into our speech and actions.  Bring a chair and your persona.

Useful background research:
Beginning Question: Who is your country's King/Queen?
Intermediate Question: Who are your enemies? (political, not personal)
Advanced Question: Who do you owe allegience to and under what conditions?
See you there!
--Honourable Lady Wyllow MacMuireadhaigh
--
--Wendy F. Otte

"To err is human