[Coastal] Rapier Fighters needed for Gulf Wars

jaysmom jaysmom at swbell.net
Mon Jan 14 07:49:46 PST 2002

Greetings unto our most valiant (and versatile) Coastal fighting community!

At Coronation this past weekend, their Majesties Aaron and Britta advised
the Kingdom that we currently have only one ally for Gulf War this year -
the mighty Kingdom of Calontir.

We are thankful for their loving support and know that their strong fighters
allied with our own will surely bring us to victory on the chivalric fields.

However, things look dark for us on the rapier fields. Trimaris is allied
with Meridies, Midrealm and Atlantia this year.  Calontir does not currently
field any rapier fighters, and Ealdormere can only send us 2. It appears
that Ansteorra may be badly outnumbered.

Thus I make this plea to you - please join us on the rapier field if you are
able!

The melee portions of the rapier war points are as follows:
1. Open Field Battle - Thursday 3/14 after Opening Ceremonies (11am-ish)
includes everybody (scarf/non-scarf), epee only.
2. Resurection Ravine Battle - Saturday 3/16 2pm or just after the Fort
Battle. (half hour, capture the flag scenario, epee only)

All you need to have to come play with us at the War is a fencing mask,
armor with underarm protection, an epee, and an authorization.

Masks, armor and blades can be borrowed from loaner gear or your helpful
rapier fighting friends, who either have spares or aren't able to make the
journey to War.

Authorizations can be gotten at the Tuesday night fighter practice at UH
(Gate 13 off Cullen Blvd.)starting around 7 - 7:30 pm.

Please come out and support your Rapier Community for Gulf War. Don't let
this be the _only_ War Point we lose this year!!!

Best Regards,
Simone Valery la Rousse
Coastal Regional Commander - Gulf Wars Rapier Melees.