[Coastal] Pas de' Armes at Gulf War

bowermanm bowermanm at mail.ev1.net
Tue Jan 22 10:54:37 PST 2002

Very noble and powerful Lords and Ladies of Ansteorra,
I recommend myself to you and send greetings from Loch Soilleir.
I am sending this letter on account of the great chivalry and
prowess that I know is in your very noble person.  In all love and
friendship, I wish to bring a tourney and bouhort of arms before
ladies and damsels at Gulf Wars to your attention.  The good
Company of Saint Olaf will be holding a Pas de’ Armes Friday
morning, the day before the last of the great battles.  I have
opened a dialog with the Captain of their Company, Lord Murdoch
McArthur.  Lord Murdoch is at this very time insuring that this
Pas will be an event to remember for years to come.  For certs, at
first I only thought to enlist the participation of my companions
in the Company of the Grail, but yet I remembered the gallant acts
of those who attended our last Pas at Three Kings months ago.  I
now call on all those great lords, knights, squires, and men at
armes that love and uphold the chivalric ideals to strike the
torch of gallantry.  Lift up your souls to this noble task and
fasten on your breastplate of valor.  Ride with me to this
momentous occasion, and enter the lists of this bouhort at Gulf
War.  Show the known world what it is to walk the field of honor
with prowess, grace, and largess.  Raise the hearts of your
consort for all to see their splendid beauty, and know that you
are their champion of love.  Come great Dukes, and Counts of my
beloved Ansteorra, together we will give the known world a
reckoning of chivalry that will be song in the farthest reaches of
time.  We will give them sights, and sounds that will wash over
the spectators with title waves of just triumph.  Come knights of
the Chivalry, those who carry our hearts and minds in your hand,
for we call to you to represent us your people, your kingdom on
the field of honor.  Come Squires of Ansteorra, servants of
chivalry.  Let the trumpets of your even sword blows call to all
the world, “we are of Ansteorra, we are the servants of chivalric
humility and faith”.  Come noble Ladies of the Rose, hold your
meeting in the presence of your great lords of chivalry.  Bless us
with your presence, and lend us your beautiful countenance so that
we of Ansteorra, your husbands, servants, and friends may grow
strong in your shadow.   For all stand in the shadow of your true
splendor.  Polish your armor, breakout your personal banners, and
standards. Bath the field in colors of your families honor.  Come
with me to The Company of Saint Olafs Pas de’ Armes at Gulf War.
Come with me into the annuals of history.  Written under my hand
in the Barony of Loch Soilleir, in the Kingdom of Ansteorra.

In Service,

Lord Rodrigo de Navarra
Squire to His Excellency Sir Karl der Ganger
Captain of the Company of the Grail

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net