[Coastal] RE: Viking Chairs

Wendy Freeman/Otte wyllowmacm at netscape.net
Tue Aug 26 21:44:55 PDT 2003

That construction is not quite right.  One good joke, and it would collapse under the Vikings I know.

I came from the Barony of Loney Tower.  My chairs are cut as follows:

Chair is made from two pieces of 2"x12" boards, approxiamately 42-44" long.
The chair back has a slot almost 2" wide, & almost 8" long cut in the back, at either 12" (for a lady) or 14" (for a man) from one end.
The seat leg is notched into a width of 7.5" wide after a full-width seat is left.  From one end of the board, the seat measures 11.5" (for a lady) or 12" (for a man).

(As you can tell, I complained of dangling legs to a sympathetic Norseman.  He kindly modified the "standard" seat for me.)

--Wyllow of the Loch