[Coastal] Defenders of the Coast

Mike Dowdy mdowdy at houston.rr.com
Mon Mar 17 16:37:45 PST 2003

Defenders of the Coast, Heavy Corp

You have again made me very proud. We fought some very hard fights. Some very difficult fights.

We fought in town battle like crazed warriors set to destroy our foes. We held the line and fought with great honor. We drove them back untill none stood before us... well done.

The ravine battle tested our heart, our resolve to fight the long fight. I tell you, the strength it took to  head back and retake that flag again and again is the stuff of legend.

In the field battle our lack of practice showed, we will endeavor to concentrate our efforts in this area.

The fort battle.... This is the fight we always seem to shine in. I think we did a great job holding our sally port as we were unmercifully pressed non stop until the troops sallied out that very area to fight and then defeat the enemy.

Our attack of the sally port on the opposite side was a brutish and ugly affair. We got in, we held for a bit, We did what I did not think we could do. Last year the units could not get in, this year we did. We drove them back and fought with courage and determination. We came very close to getting that ground that we needed. A very difficult task that was and will be next year as well.

You have done well, let us hope the weather next year does not put us in a bind again for lack of practice. We are improving and doing better. Big kudos go out to the archers of the unit, I witnessed many a foe who died from the deadly  aim of the archer. I also would like to thank the Shadow Legion for the fighting with us  again. The are a force that compliments us well. I am very proud of each and every one of you. Thank You......

Michael of Graves End
Capt. Defenders of the Coast. Heavy Corp.