[Coastal] woodworker needed

drwise drwise at houston.rr.com
Wed May 28 18:42:14 PDT 2003

Greetings all:

I was wondering if there is someone out there with a wood lathe that might be
able to help on a project.  We are currently working on designing a 'safe and
sane' jousting lance.  The design we have been working on it made of three
pieces;  a carved grip section, a center tube and finally a styrofoam tip.
Regarding the grip section, the first ones have been carved out by hand, but the
design is something that would be very easy to do on a lathe.  The current
design is about 40" long.  If someone can let me have some time at a lathe or is
interested in helping out it would be appreciated.  We would like to put
together a handful so that we can get more practice with the ultimate goal of
getting jousting approved for SCA. I'm in the Houston area.You can contact me
at  drwise at houston.rr.com or by phone at 281-482-3294
Thanks in advance.

Sir Alexis