[Coastal] Defenders of the coast

Mike Dowdy mdowdy at houston.rr.com
Fri Nov 21 19:18:49 PST 2003

Folks... fall melees......... was that not fun........... I myself had a blast... (even though I got shot by a arrow...j/k) that was fun indeed........ I cant wait to hit that fort again... hmm and our own Drake had his Birthday... woot.. and what a time that was... hehe...

Now, this was a opportunity to gauge us .. a test of our skills... and we passed much of the test... but as with all things...... we have that long road ahead. We did very well in several areas.... we stood our ground........ we held a great line. We moved and we fought as a unit. We fought with that DoC tenacity and courage....  What we lacked was some experience and training in certain areas.

Now we are facing thanksgiving weekend.. many a folks will be out and about.. (I for one plan on being at practice) so, I think the Tuesday after Thanksgiving lets have melee practice and  go over some of the items that we need to work on (and of course get our fun melee and single fighting in to.. hehe)

We also need to get together as a group and talk about which melee events we can hit as a unit before GW. I believe the key here is to get as many of us at 1 event and use this to not only to hone our skills but seek out areas we are weak and fix it. We are one of the biggest and best units around.. lets get busy and show folks that we are the NUMBER ONE unit around... we KNOW IT... we BELIEVE IT we just have to show them WHO WE ARE...

LETS GET POSTAL COASTAL......

don't forget ... pain heals, battle scars are cool, and glory is forever...

Michael of Gravesend, Capt of the Defenders of the Coast