[Coastal] Arts & Science at Seawinds Defender

Patty prand at swbell.net
Thu Sep 18 22:19:14 PDT 2003

Greetings unto the Artisans of Ansteorra,

I send you a missive concerning Arts and Science at the upcoming Seawinds Defender to be held on October 24-26th.  As last years Seawinds Arts & Science Defender it is my pleasure to organize this years competition.  I invite all artisans of this fair land to come and compete for this esteemed title.

The competition is open to all artisans regardless of their level of experience or age.  It will be judged and documentation is required.  Our most gracious Majesty Cateau D'Ardennes will honor us with her presence at Seawinds Defender, so pray show her your finest work.

In addition, the A&S competition is part of the String of Pearls Tournament hosted by the shires of Stonebridge Keep and Seawinds.  The top three winners of the A&S Defender competition will receive a number of pearls accordingly: 3 for first, 2 for second and
1 for third.  Hopefully you will have already earned pearls at Golden Arrow (Sept 26-28).  Then at Seawind's Coastal Invasion 2004, February 13-15, you can earn even more pearls and compete for the overall String of Pearls Champion!

Additional information about Seawinds Defender, Golden Arrow and the String of Pearls Tournament can be found at:
http://geocities.com/stonebridgekeep   or  www.seawinds.org

Finally, I will be hosting two children's A&S competitions at this years Defender; one for children 11 years and under and the other for those 12 to 17 years of age.  No documentation will be required, but entrants should be prepared to answer questions about what it is, how it is made and who would have made it.  The children's competitions will be judged as well.

On a final note, I am in search of prizes for all these competitions.  Please contact me if you are able to help with a prize.

In Service,
Lady Catriona
Seawinds Arts & Science Defender 2002
prand at swbell.net