[Coastal] Moderation question (was Web site for Loch Yule?)

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 2 14:36:22 PST 2004

--- John Hirling <jhirling at houston.rr.com> wrote:

> I've got a question.  When Mikey posts to Houston Announce, does he get one
> of those "Your email is being held for administrator approval" bounce
> notices?
> --ihon

Short answer: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. ;-)

Serious answer: no, because there is a flag which controls whether someone is
"moderated". I have set my flag (and a very, *very* few others) to
"unmoderated". It has to be a person who has *never* posted anything
inappropriate, and in my opinion *never* would; and who is unlikely in the
extreme to let their computer *ever* be taken over by Evil Nasty Software
which would post something without their knowledge. Even so, enabling a login
is a risk, because someone *else* could have their computer become infected
and post something in the "trusted" person's name. (In fact, this is the
usual behavior of many email-based worms.) All of which is why I keep the
list of "unmoderated" posters *really* short. So far it hasn't been a problem
either way, to my knowledge.

Michael