[Coastal] Flags...

Snorri Hallsson snorri at houston.rr.com
Thu Dec 2 21:51:09 PST 2004

Not necessarily true.  The British Empire was founded with the clever use of
flags.  Just sailed around and stuck a flag in.  If they found people
already there, they asked them, "Do you have a flag?" and the answer was
usually something like "We don't need a flag, this is our country, we live
here!"  To which the Brits would simply state, "No flag, no country."
Instant colony.

So see, it's usually the other way around; you have to have a flag before
you can have a country.

References for the above available upon request,

Snorri

but one MUST have a country to have a flag............

says Selina, with a straight face