[Coastal] Fwd: [Redtape] NORTH SEA RAIDS CANCELED!!! PASS IT ON!
lisabetta at ansteorra.net
Thu Feb 12 12:20:24 PST 2004
At Thursday, 12 February 2004, Paul Gilbert <niklas at pbgilbert.net>
>A short time ago, I spoke with Sir Kief and he along with a consensus
>the officers of the Barony, the B&B and staff of the event and with
>regret and agonizing over whether or not to hold the event, have
>decision to CANCEL North Sea Raids for this weekend due to weather
>The National Weather Service is calling for temps very cold on Friday
>Friday evening with rain, possible sleet or snow. Combined with
>of in the 20's, that is pretty miserable.
>For Saturday, it does not get much better. The chance of rain drops,
>there is still the chance of snow or sleet and the temp in the day
>the 40s, but still near freezing at night.
>Combine all this with the inches or more rain we have received over
>past several days that has made the site very wet and muddy and
>for a cold, muddy, wet mud feast with the tearing up of the site
>cars, people and usage due to rain soaked grounds and mud.
>NORTH SEA RAIDS IS CANCELED !!!!
>Please, contact everyone you can, know or see that the event is
>Plans to reschedule it will be discussed Monday night at the Baronial
>Business meeting at the Rayford Road Community Center in Spring at 7pm.
>There are tentative plans to reschedule it pending a potential open
>But, that will be discussed Monday night.
>We greatly !! regret that this has been done at such a short notice,
>Please send/post or copy this notice out far and wide so those that
>have good connectivity will be informed and can act accordingly.
>Thank you for your work, it will not be in vain. We can use and
will use it
>for the re-scheduled event or for Crown Tourney in May.
>See below Sir Kiefs message.
>Ansteorrian weather is so fickled and has won this battle, but not
>HE Niklas Vasilevich
>Baron of Raven's Fort
>Heilsa fellow Ansteorrans...
>The bad news is that Raven's Fort must CANCEL North Sea Raids...
>The good news is that everyone can spend Valentine's Day with
>their loved ones in a more temperate environment...
>The forecast of temps in the low 40's during the day and at or
>below freezing during the night coupled with Wind, Rain, Freezing
>Rain, Sleet, and Snow on Friday and Saturday morning are too
>much. The site is also extremely muddy and the chances of
>hypothermia are all too real.
>Raven's Fort may well re-schedule this event...but it will be
>after Gulf War.
>We apologize to all those good Ansteorrans that have made plans
>to travel to our Barony...but we cannot beat the weather.
>Your good, but extremely disapointed and frustrated, neighbor...
>Kief - Steward of North Sea Raids
>Friday. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of rain in the morning
>then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s.
>North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.
>Friday night. Cloudy with rain likely. Rain possibly mixing with
>sleet or snow late. Lows in the mid 30s. Northeast winds 5 to 10
>mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.
>Saturday. Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain possibly mixed with
>sleet or snow early morning. Then a slight chance of rain through
>the afternoon. Highs in the upper 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.
>Chance of precipitation 30 percent.
>Saturday night. Mostly cloudy in the evening then becoming partly
>cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s.
>---------end NOAA Forecast-----------
>Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW H.E. Niklas Vasilevich,
>Huntsville, Texas Baron of The Barony Raven's
>niklas at pbgilbert.net CSM, Crane, ORH, KGA , AoA
>936-291-9532 home Kingdom of Ansteorra
>936-714-3198 cellular Society for Creative
> AIM Name: KE5ZW
>Redtape mailing list
>Redtape at ansteorra.org
L'in-servizio con l'amore
La signora Lisabetta Micola da Monte
La vostra vita è la vostro propria...Grippilo
EASY and FREE access to your email anywhere:
More information about the Coastal