[Coastal] Tueday night recap

Mike Dowdy mdowdy at houston.rr.com
Wed Sep 8 13:32:19 PDT 2004

We had a good Melee practice last night at UoH. For those that where unable to attend, we worked the ol advance to engage drill and we did well. B. William showed a good bit of fire by fighting and fighting well when outnumbered. B. Neassa was a highlight for us. She trained and fought with a spear and did a right fine job. We also added a new drill that seemed to work out well. S. Ulsted called it the "how to kill a spearman drill" and that was a hoot. I was one of the Rabbits and got  some good hits from a good number of folks. Well done to all the hunters.

We also had folks training one on one with folks to help get the skills up for line and spear folks. I think if we  keep doing that it will sure help long term. I know the spear work I was able to get in sure helped me.

for the fighters who came out,  yall Rock, keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing even more folks next time.

Next month, first Tuesday of October. More Melee practice, more drills and spills.

Capt. Michael