[Coastal] Directions to Stonebridge Keep event this weekend

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 09:34:05 PDT 2004

While there are directions in the BlackStar for Stonebridge Keep,
sadly they are missing from the website event announcement, and
I've had a few newcomers asks me for information.

Here are directions from Houston,
Cheers, Hillary / Stargate
Stonebridge Keep ‘Golden Arrow X’   Sept 24-26th
Event details at:  http://stone-bridge-keep.ansteorra.org/
(click ‘Events’,  then ‘Golden Arrow X’)

Directions are in the Black Star, but not on the website, so:
Brackenridge Plantation Campground on Lake Texana
891 Brackenridge Parkway, Edna, Tx   77957
Check the map out at: http://www.brackenridgepark.com/map1.htm
For more campground details:  < http://www.brackenridgepark.com>

Directions from Houston:
Head out of Houston, on I-59 South,
(past Sugarland, heading south toward Victoria)
At the city of Edna, Tx,  (approx. 100 miles south of Houston)
Exit I-59 at Hwy 111 and turn left, (heading south).
Drive approx. 7 miles, Brackenridge Plantation Campground
Park is on the right.

(Note, the map in the BlackStar is angled so you would be
driving to Galveston from Houston – wrong.
Turn the booklet on open edge, and that is more correct.
Edna, TX is southwest of Houston, heading to
Victoria or Brownsville).

Camp has shade trees throughout,
(thou not by the archery – usually a tent).
Stonebridge Keep rents a group of campsites together,
other campsites will be non-SCA’ers camping.
There are permanent privies and showers, as
Well as a lake for swimming, (mind the alligators).

Have fun this weekend!