[Coastal] Seawinds demo at Ingleside Renfair

Patty prand at swbell.net
Tue Dec 6 07:38:33 PST 2005

  Greetings,

  This weekend, Dec 10th & 11th, is Seawinds anual demo at the Ingleside Renfair.  Here is some last minute information for those planning on attending.....

  We have been requested to come into the park from the back.  Here are some specific directions.  Make your best way to Ingleside, you will be coming in on Hwy 361.  Take a right at Main St, there is an HEB on the left and a Dairy Queen on the right.  Follow Main St, it curves to the left at the first light.  After the  the second light go 1 mile and turn left on Belair.  The sign for Belair is hard to see.  Look for the SCA sign at this corner.  There is also a a wooden sign for Irving Electric on the left just before the corner.  Follow Belair until it deadends into Parkview.  Take a right and follow Parkview into the park.  Once at the park take a right, you will be in the back parking area. Parking is in this field.  If you are arriving on Friday you can drive into the park.  Follow the road until you are inside the park.   Once inside the park take a left, the road inside the park circles around, we are on the first corner.   Hope this makes sense.

  .  If you arrive after 9 am on Sat you will need to park and walk in.  At the gate, tell them you are with the Shire of Seawinds and you will get in free.

  Camping is available, there is electricity, but be sure to bring long extension cords.  There is also water available nearby.  There are no showers. We are promised a port-o-pottie in our area!  It is predicted to be cold (low 40's) on Friday night and a little warmer on Sat night.  Should warm up nicely during the day but there is a small chance of rain both Sat and Sun (30%)

  The Shire of Seawinds will have soup, bread, dessert and hot drinks on Friday and Sat nights.  We will have hot oatmeal and hot drinks Sat and Sunday morning.

  If you are planning on camping, please email me at prand at swbell.net so I know when to expect you and how many tents to expect.  If you are bringing a period pavilion and want to set it up in the demo area, I need to know that too.  We have tables for anyone that needs one for A&S displays or demos.  Bring banners and any other regalia to help spruce up our demo!

  The faire opens at 10 am each day and there will be a procession through the park Sat morning.

  The Shire of Seawinds greatly appreciates your help with our anual demo.  Come join us to showcase the SCA during the day and REVEL at night!
   For more information go to our website at www.seawinds.org

  Safe travel to all,
  Caitriona
  Seneschal/Shire of Seawinds