[Coastal] To hungry Yule Pilgrims

Linda Bratina annalies_pferdehirt at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 08:06:30 PST 2005

Merewyn,

The reason that we put them in Greek was to be
ambiguous.  We want people to try to figure it out or
wait until feast to find out what it meant.  To give
you the translations to post would ruin the fun.  If
anyone has allergy problems, Vaclav will give them the
ingredients.

Annalies

--- merewyn at att.net wrote:

> Not odd at all, actually. In some situations your
> e-mail came through as plain ASCII text (that's what
> I saw), which doesn't know from Greek. The Greek
> letter you typed was actually saved as a code
> corresponding to that character in the extended
> Unicode character set. Using only ASCII's 256
> English character codes, the culpable program
> couldn't translate #959 etc into the corresponding
> Greek letters, so it simply printed what was there.
> Made for an excellent chuckle though! :-)
>
> Meanwhile, assuming you were naming the dishes, can
> you give me English translations of whatever you
> wrote in Greek, to use on the website?
>
> Thanks,
> Merewyn
> -------------- Original message from c lambright
> <clambright2000 at yahoo.com>: --------------
>

> > We let me tell you that #953 will knock your
> Pilgrim
> > sox off. You will have dreams about #954 and #959.
>

> > Not sure why it coded the Greek this way. Several
> > people said it was ok on their computer. Odd. Try
> the
> > very end of this message maybe it worked this
> time.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Event Stewards
> >
> > --Pilgrim's Feast--
> > >
> > > First remove:
> > >
> &#959;&#961;&#949;&#954;&#964;&#953;&#954;&#940;,
> > > marinated olives, garlic cheese and other
> delicacies
> > > to prepare your pilgrim's palet.
> > >
> > > Second remove: Vaclav's famous Onion Soup and
> > > pilgrim's flat bread.
> > >
> > > Third remove: Souvlaki and various Greek
> vegetarian
> > > dishes on mini-crusader swords.
> > >
> > > Fourth remove: &#954;&#961;&#941;&#945;&#963;, a
>
> > > traditional Mediterranean dish.
> > >
> > > Final remove:

&#949;&#960;&#953;&#948;&#972;&#961;&#960;&#953;&#959;,