[Coastal] Tournament of the Black Stag

Phil Ploeser askell_chaos at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 05:14:13 PST 2005

Unto the Grande Populace of the Stellar Kingdom of
Ansteorra

We would ilke to welcome one and all to the southern
most outpost in our faire Kingdom. Venture to the
border where people had rallied against our Kingdom's
glory in the south, Trimaris attempted to gain entry
from the coast, and we stood alone defeating the
barbarian attempts to break our borders, and lay claim
to our Shire, and a pearl of our Kingdom.

After a long campaign from our enemies we celebrate as
we have repelled the attackers and look to bring the
Populace of our Kingdom to share in a soldiers
celebration. We, the Shire of La Marche Sauvage,
invite one and all to share in the festivities
promised by Victory, as we also seek new commanders
for our armies.

Warriors of all scopes, bring your quiver, lance,
sword and cloak. Artisans, bring your features to
decorate our halls so that the Kingdom's beauty may
once again reflect brilliantly in the eyes of it's
people in the south. Let all be judged against their
competitors and revel in honor and glory. Welcome to
the Tournament of the Black Stag and the final stop on
the String of Pearls Competition.

Come and join us as we hold tournaments in Chivalric,
Archery, A&S, Bardic, Rapier, Equestrian, and Thrown
Weapons. There will be a feast and court. Lunch on
Saturday, and loads of fun to be had with your fellow
competitors and friends.

The event will be held at Edinburg City Park
714 S. Raul Longoria,
Edinburg, TX 78539
Site opens at 2:00 on Friday and closes at 12:00
(noon) on Sunday.
Site: Adults 8.00 children 4.00
Feast: Adults 6.00 children 3.00

No family will pay more than 30.00

It IS a dry site.

All pets must be leashed and have proof of current
rabies shots.
Horses must have negative coggins.

Directions: Using your best route to US 281, exit at
University Drive (FM 107) in Edinburg.
Travel east on University until Raul Longoria Rd.,
Then turn right (south).
Travel approximately one mile to the first stop light,
and make a left (west) into the park.
Makes checks out to SCA Inc./ La Marche Sauvage
Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal
guardian. They may also attend with a 21 yr or older
adult with signed and notorized Minor Event Waiver
Form from the parents.

Directions Notes
Note: For those who are traveling in from Harlingen
and Brownsville and are approaching the event site on
US 83
Turn right (north) at the Raul Longoria Road (FM 1426)
exit, which is in the city of Pharr.
Travel approximately 6 miles north and the event site
(Edinburg Park) will be on the right.
Note 2: The Edinburg part of the World Birding Center
is Adjacent to, and practically inside Edinburg Park.
Signage that leads you to the Edinburg World Birding
Center will also lead you to the entrance to the event
site.

Autocrat: Lord Lucien De Lorraine
Lucian Silcox
Rt 2 Box 5530, Mission, TX 78574