[Coastal] Update/ Hospitality Pavilion @ Battle Field

HE Caitrin De Lacy baroness at bordermarch.org
Mon Mar 7 16:26:21 PST 2005

We are wishing to provide the fighters with a lite lunch and refreshments. A place for those who fight both heavy and light to keep their armor for the next battle so that they can change faster.
The pavilion will be up by the field starting Wednesday for the fighters to change armor and for those who wish a place to view the battles.

These are some of  the battles that I found to be at or around the Fort.

Wednesday
 3pm-5pm  >Heavy Combat >Town Battle (No Archery)  >Fort  >*WAR POINT

12th century style tourney between Trimaris and Ansteorra and their allies.  It is a one-hour resurrection battle with no archery. It will be fought on a broken field (town) in and around the fort.  The victor shall be decided based on buildings occupied and number of resurrections (i.e., ransoms). The number of ransoms/resurrections will be counted for specific fighter types. I.e. Knights and/or Nobles.  The war point goes to the kingdom that wins the tourney.

Thursday

9am-1pm >Ansteorran Order of the Rose Sponsored Breakfast & Tourney>Rapier Field

This honorable competition of skill will be conducted before an audience of the Royal Ladies assembled at Gulf. Each Lady of the Rose may sponsor two entrants, (but only one of them may be a companion of the highest award given for rapier combat in their kingdom). Ladies of the Rose who cannot attend may still sponsor fighters, but must send a written letter of introduction with their fighters.

1pm-3pm >Rapier >Woods Battle  (No Archery) >*WAR POINT

This will be a 30-minute resurrection battle for control of 3 stationary flags. It will be fought over rough terrain with designated resurrection points. There will also be watering stations available. Please use them! [Epee only] (Time permitting, there will be a friendship woods battle using Schlagers immediately following the War Point).

3pm-4pm >Heavy Combat >Bridge Battle (No Archery)>Hastings Field  *WAR POINT

This is a standard bridge battle (2 or 3 bridges) with a 1-hour time limit. The winner is the side that controls the bridge at the end of the hour. No missile weapons or siege weapons are allowed.

Friday

11 am-12 pm>Heavy Combat> Heavy Weapons Champion List> Champion Battlefield       * WAR POINT

3 pm-5 pm >Rapier> Rapier Champions’ List> Rapier Field >*WAR POINT

The best fighters for Ansteorra and Trimaris will face off. This will consist of 15 fights. Ansteorra and Trimaris will chose 11 champions from their own Kingdom and four champions from their Allies. The Kingdom with the most victories wins the day.

3 pm-5 pm >Heavy Combat> Open Field Battles (Archery)>Hastings Field>*WAR POINT

This is a series of three field battles fought to the last fighter standing. Combat archery and siege engines are allowed. Thrown weapons are allowed with legal hand protection. Best two out of three battles win the war point.

Saturday

9 am- 10 am >Rapier >Allied Field Battle >Hastings Field >*WAR POINT

All of Ansteorra and Her allies vs. all of Trimaris and Hers. This will be 2 out of 3. (Epée only)

11 am - 2 pm >Heavy Combat >Fort Battles (Archery) >Fort >*WAR POINT

This is a series of two timed battles. Each side will take turns attacking and defending the castle. The side that successfully takes the castle the quickest wins. Combat archery and siege engines are allowed. Thrown weapons are allowed with legal hand protection. There will be an inner-keep that is considered proof from arrows and siege ammo.
On Saturday
It would be nice to serve:

 bottled water
 Light sandwiches
 pickles/olives
 oranges/fruit
 Nuts
 Cold wet washclothes
 Towels
 Chairs to rest

Thanks,
Caitrin

 P.S. This is all I can think of right now. If you can add anything to this list please let me know.

Patty <prand at swbell.net> wrote:
What exactly are you thinking of serving for the Hospitality pavillion?  I can speak to the rest of the group from Seawinds that are going and see what they would like to contribute.

Caitriona
Senschal/Seawinds

HE Caitrin De Lacy <baroness at bordermarch.org> wrote:

We are also wanting to provide Lunch/Refreshment with   a "Coastal Hospitality Pavilion" on Saturday for the fighters at the Battle Field. If  you are interested in helping out please contact me.