[Coastal] Seawinds Defender X Wrap-up

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 19:26:14 PST 2005

Greetings!

I hope everyone had a wonderful time at Seawinds Defender X this weekend. I
know I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I am really pleased with the turn-out we
had, and the weather was marvelous as well.

The new Seawinds Defenders are:

Chivalric - Duke Ulsted the Unsteady

Rapier - Don Brian Mac Cael

Artisan - Hon. Lord John Lightfoot

Archery - Lord Jean-Paul de Calmont

Bardic - Hon. Lord Madog of Glastonbury

Please give these gentles congratulations when you see them, for they bear
the gratitude of this Shire.

I have a few kudos to give out, and then some thank yous as well.

Congratulations to Lady Muirin and Lord Gunnarr, who became the newest
members of the Company of the Sable Ram, and also the newest holders of a
Sable Comet for Seawinds. Their hard work is truly to be admired.

I want to thank anyone who helped out with anything, but I fear I may leave
someone out. If I do, know that I appreciate your service, and beg your
pardon for forgetting to list you:

To Lady Caitriona - Thank you so much for supporting me in this endeavor. I
could not have done it without you. You helped me get through all the tough
times, and provided much needed guidance when I didn't know what to do.

To the Cooking and Herbal Guild - You put on an absolutely wonderful feast,
truly worthy of a Seawinds Event. I enjoyed the food, and I know I can speak
for everyone there when I say you are all marvelous cooks.

To Lord Owen - Thank you for taking care of the planning and execution of
the Chivalric Competition. The format was very interesting, and the fighting
was wonderful.

To Lord Diego - Thank you for planning the Rapier Competition. You've put in
many years of hard work for the rapier community in Seawinds, and for your
service, I thank you.

To Lady Anna - Thank you for stepping up and taking care of the Artisan
competition. You do a wonderful job encouraging the Arts and Sciences in
Seawinds, and for that, you have my thanks.

To Lord Jean-Paul - Thank you for planning the Archery Defender. It's a side
of the event I don't often get to see, but one that I hope I may someday get
into, as long as I can stop shooting arrows into trees.

To Lord Dan the Artisan - Your help with the bardic competition was most
welcome. I must say, having bardic during feast was very enjoyable.

To Lord Yarraslav (Ogre) - Thank you so much for taking charge of set up and
take down. Also, your help with the Chivalric List was wonderful. This event
could not have gone off so well without you.

To Haus Vom Cophus and Lord Arkell(a?) - The ladies tea you put on was
great. Definitely worth putting on a dress for.

To Lady Isabella, and Paul and Phyllis - As always, I can count on you
gentles to be out there keeping our populace hydrated. You make everyone's
life that much better, and for that, I thank you.

To Baron William- Thank you for heralding at the event, That definitely took
a great weight off my shoulders.

To Their Graces Ulsted and Cateau - Thank you so much for gracing us with
your presence. Seawinds will always have you in our hearts, and we look
forward to having you back next year.

And Lastly but certainly not least, to my lady, Marina - Thank you for being
there for me whenever I needed someone to collapse on. Your love means more
to me than you'll ever know.

I apologise that this missive took so long, but All the gentles above are
outstanding, and definitely in need of wordfame.

Pray know that I remain in Service,

Jayme Dominguez del Valle

Event Steward - Seawinds Defender X

Pursuivant to the Shire of Seawinds