[Coastal] Stargate Baronial Championship and Towne Faire in the Barony Saturday April 21, 2007

Gerald Norris jerryn at houston.rr.com
Tue Apr 17 08:00:54 PDT 2007

Their Excellencies Master Ihon Vinson MacFergus & HL Isabeau Quiquandon,
Baron and Baroness of Stargate, welcome one and all to celebrate the coming
of warmer days!

I've talked with the astronomers and fools and others who watch the sky.
They say that, given the signs, Friday and Saturday will make for great
camping weather.  His Lordship Alden Drake has a feast that makes my mouth
water just thinking on it.  Excuse me while I blot this ink just a bit ....

At the fair you will find a chance to become a champion of Stargate.  One
each will be chosen for equestrian skills, mastery of the bow, the finesse
of the rapier, and the might of chivalric combat.  Bring your best to the
list and test it against the skills of others.  Centurion Mu has made a
batch of lovely prizes for the champions.

I plan on having a singalong at the gate Friday night until gate closes, and
a bardic circle on Saturday night out amidst the trees.  I'll bring the fire
pit, you bring your wit and we'll see which one shines brighter.

They have charged this poor humble minstrel to ask those singers and
players, storytellers and poets, to come to Stargate Baronial for a day of
fun and frivolity.  Imagine, a whole event in which the only bardic
competition is for each performer to do their best and entertain the crowd
and crown.  Here is a chance to play, to visit, to perform.  The theme is a
Towne Faire, and so I ask all performers who care to spend some time with
friends and companions, find a corner to sit and tell a story, share a poem,
or stand and sing, to join us this Saturday (April 21, 2007) at Stargate's
Baronial Championship and Town Faire.  You can find more information by
going to http://stargate.ansteorra.org/baronial07/.

I have it from reliable sources (the tavern keepers) that entertainers who
stop at the tavern and entertain for a while will be provided refreshment as
well as tucker from their stores.  They are fair judges, but they have their
standards; those wishing to eat from their table on the strength of their
performance must be willing to spend at least twenty minutes performing and
entertaining those at the tavern.  Stop by for a song, and it's a drink for
you and on your way, but stay and sing, tell tales and entertain, and
they'll put a good plate in front of you.

Stargate is a generous barony, and so there will be a station for those who
wish to donate toys for those children in households for whom the harvest
was spare.  Lady Valeria has taken on the task of collecting playthings for
such and would ask all attending to offer what generosity they can for this
worthy cause.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am,
HL Gerald of Leesville
A bard of Stargate