[Coastal] question for the Houston area ...

Steelquist, John F John.F.Steelquist at boeing.com
Tue Jun 19 14:48:53 PDT 2007

I agree with Michael's assessment - there's no such thing as "discreetly
wet".  However, at the Lake Houston site (as a State park), the rule was
that "general" admission attendees were not allowed visible, marked
alcohol containers - so, no beer bottles, etc.  But since the site had
overnight cabins, those staying in the cabins were welcome to bring (and
drink) alcohol, "in the vicinity" of the cabins, and could even take it
anywhere within the park so long as the "no visible, marked alcohol
containers" was met.  We promulgated the "alcohol in period containers
only" working in conjunction with the rangers, and they agreed that this
rule met the intent and letter of their rules, but that was then...

This sure sounds like a question for the seneschalate (although getting
good and current information from the park rangers is a *very* good
idea).

Ulsted