[Coastal] Sunday's Grand Tournament in the Park

Jerry dreifuerst at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 10:10:58 PDT 2008

Greetings to the rainswept plains of the Ansteorran Coast,

Stargate's Knight Marshal, Centurion Arthur Morganson reporting.

This Sunday a list of combatants donned armor before "the deluge" to vie for
Sunday Tourney Champion until the lists return in December.  Sponsored by
the Loch, fighters from the Loch and Stargate braved the weather to win His
Excellency William of Welewen's favor.

In addition to the fighters of the list:

His Excellency William of Welewen,
Pomestnitsa Wissa Medvedeva,
Drake Metzger von Ratzenburg,
Honorable Lord Thomas atte Woode,
Lord Askell de Loucelles,
lst month's proclaimed champion, Mikolai Haiduk,
and your favorite Knight Marshal, Centurion Arthur Morganson,

many others came out to provide the support necessary to undertake a such a
tournament.

Our beautiful list mistress was Her Excellency Genevieve McCullum de Caen.
Heralding her field was Lord Brian O'hUilliam.  And delivering the list
ropes and poles was the good knight, Sir Godwin of Eddington.

Our Stellar Baron, His Excellency Master Ihon Vinson MacFergus attended the
event and even our master of the rapier, Lord Corvin di Fenarro came by to
view the field. And tagging along with their dads were Aaron, Jay and mud
puddle Grace.

Then the monsoons set in...

Everyone got soaked.  The list ended and Baron William chose Drake Metzger
Von Ratzenburg, who had bested him in the first round fought, as his victor
of the day. Courtly announcements and recognition were posponed till some
near time in the future when we will have better weather!

Then the grassy field slip-n-slide began.  Who needs plastic and a garden
hose when Memorial Park and rainy skies provided naturally.  When a large
man, such as myself, runs and flops on the rain puddle covered fields and
slides on the grass, it's a lot of fun!

Finally our special thanks to Her Excellency Hillary Greenslade who has made
possible the beautiful hand calligraphied award scrolls for all of our
Summer Tourney events.  Her unwaivering support has made these events very
memorable.

Next month we will begin our "Invite a Knight" special Sunday practice
sessions.  Watch the list and populous meeting for more information and keep
swining that rattan.

I reamin in service to Baron and King,

Arthur Morganson

--