[Coastal] Tuesday chivalric fighter practice

Jerry dreifuerst at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 09:27:09 PDT 2008

Greetings Armored Combatants* of Stargate and the surrounding areas,

For many years Stargate has sponsored, then co-sponsored with the Loch, a
fighter practice on Tuesday nights at the University of Houston's main
campus.  Upon taking position as Knight Marshal for the Stargate I moved the
Barony's Chivalric practice back to Sunday afternoon and back to Memorial
Park. The UH Tuesday night location is still popular with some of our
members such as the Rapier community and those spectators that dislike
either the heat of a daytime practice or a weekend obligation.   Our friends
of the Loch continued the Tuesday night Chivalric practice, providing such
SCA needed things as waivers, marshals, and monthly reporting.

As of now (just posted to the Loch's list) the Loch is returning its Tuesday
night Chivalric fighter practice to its past home of Frankie Carter Randolph
Park in Friendswood.

For there to be armored combat, I've been told that there needs to be an
officer (not necessarily the knight marshal) and a field marshal.  I am
unable to attend the Tuesday evening practice.  His Excellency Ihon has
requested that Tuesday night practice for the Stargate continue.

To do this there needs to be a field marshal and an officer of the barony
that will accept the duty of holding the armored fighting practice at UH.
These gentles, or one if the officer is a marshal, need to make arrangements
to come pick up the baronial loaner armor and reporting forms and supply
them for the Tuesday evening practice.  There is almost too much armor and
gear to fit in a compact car.

If you can volunteer to support the Tuesday night practice, please contact
me soon.

Stargate's Knight Marshal,
Centurion Arthur Morganson
dreifuerst at gmail.com
see Two Towers for more contact information

*please note:
This discussion is in regards to Chivalric/Armored Combat only.  Any
decision on Rapier, Youth, Archery, or any other type of combat lies solely
with that activities appropriate marshal
--
Full plate and packin' steel!