[Coastal] Laurel's Prize Tournament--Sept 13th

Patty prand at swbell.net
Mon Aug 25 12:20:18 PDT 2008

Unto Ansteorra and Her Artisans, Greetings,

Come join the Shire of Seawinds as we host Laurel’s Prize Tournament on September 13th at beautiful Choke Canyon State Park, Calliham Unit, in Three Rivers, Texas.
Three Rivers is halfway between Corpus Christi and San Antonio, TX (75 miles from each).

This wonderful event includes....
Static Arts Displays:  Beginner, Advanced, Documented, Non-Documented, In Progress
Bardic & Performing Arts Workshops/Critiques

Artisan reminder:
So that we can prepare a space for you and secure a Laurel knowledgeable in your area, please register by September 8th with HL John Lightfoot at lightfootcim at aol.com.

Please include your SCA name, mundane name, contact information
(phone number and email address), type of display or art, how much table space you will need, or if you need floor space or access to electricity.
Tables will not have tablecloths; it is up to each artisan to provide their own table coverings/decorations.

Outdoor space is available for artisans whose craft warrants it.
Please indicate if you prefer to be outside.

There is a stage for performing art.  The curtain can be closed if necessary,
or there is a covered patio available as well.

**PLEASE TAKE NOTE**
Please be aware that the lighting in the hall is not the best.  If lighting is critical to your display please feel free to bring your own lights and extension cords.  Electrical outlets are located only at the front of the hall near the stage area.  We will do our best to position those that need electricity in this area.

In addition to the A&S displays we will be hosting the following:

Scroll Painting

Don Duncan Hepburn will be hosting a workshop on moneying--coin making!

Fighting:  There is a spot in front of the gymnasium for anyone interested in fighting (chivalric & rapier).

Please see the Laurel’s Prize Website for more information--site fees, maps, accommodation information, etc. at www.seawinds.org.

Autocrats:
HL John Lightfoot (John Simpkins) - lightfootcim at aol.com  - (361) 779-0530
HL Caitriona inghean Mhic Lochlainn (Patty Randolf) - prand at swbell.net - (361) 992-1826