[Coastal] Stargate's Tourney in the Park

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 14 12:47:24 PDT 2008

Stargate's Knight Marshal, Centurion Othar Morganson, would like to
remind everyone that there will be a Tourney in the Park on Sunday, May
18th at the practice site in Memorial Park in Houston. The tourney will
be run to teach one and all how to make the most out of a tournament.
Whether you are an aspiring fighter, herald, list minister, consort,
marshal, water bearer, or general spectator, it's an opportunity to come
out and learn more about tournaments, and enjoy the company of friends
and family.

I believe people are encouraged to come out early (2pm) so the tourney
can get started at 3pm.

For directions, the Stargate Website says: Sunday afternoons in Memorial
Park from 3-5 pm (we often keep at it past 5!). See the Two Towers for
details on the revival of this old tradition. The location - where N
Picnic Lane and S Picnic Lane meet Memorial Drive - has main road
access, parking and restrooms. Type in “sca fighter practice” at Google
Maps to get custom directions.

This is a great activity to bring a non-SCA friend tom to show off what
we do!

In service,
Alden Drake