[Coastal] Seawinds Defender--Food, Food and more Food!

Patty prand at swbell.net
Mon Oct 20 14:17:02 PDT 2008

Greetings Ansteorra!

Seawinds Defender the XIII (October 24-26th) is just days away and the weather promises to be glorious!

Below is the final feast menu, along with the breakfast menus and info on the Gustatory Competition.  Please visit our website at www.seawinds.org  for additional information on
this event.  There is a rumor that there will be pumpkin chunking!?!?!

FEAST MENU
 First Course:
Scotch Broth Soup (beef and vegetable)
Hearty Harvest Oat Bread
Herbed Butter

Second Course:
Pork Tart
Roasted Onions
Michaelmas Salad (beet salad)

Third Course
Chicken in Wine Sauce with Rice
Acorn Squash with Cinnamon and Honey
Spinache with Garlic
Red Cabbage with Apples

Fourth Course
Funeral Cake (spice cake with fruit and almonds)
Topped with Apples in Wine Sauce

Feast is limited to 70.  If you wish to make a reservation please contact HL Caitriona at prand at swbell.net.  with your SCA name, mundane name and how many reservations you will need.  We will be taking reservations through Thursday evening.  Any feast questions can be directed to the same email address.

BREAKFAST:
 There will be a breakfast served both mornings,  The cost is whatever you wish to donate.  The donations are going towards funding our 25th Anniversary event next February.

Saturday's breakfast:  egg and sausage taquitos
Sunday's breakfast: pancakes and ham
Of course there will be juice, coffee and tea as well

And finally don't forget our Gustatory Competition!

In this cooking competition, participants are asked to prepare a dish of pasties to be presented at lunch. Please try your best to keep it period, though documentation is not neccessary. We recomend making at least 2 dozen small to medium pasties. Just remember, the more you make, the greater the numbers who get to try yours, which means more chances for votes!

Electricity will be available on site on Saturday for purposes of reheating. Please come prepared with your own reheating vessel (roaster, hot plate, ect). Lunch if planned for 12:30 on Saturday.

The Defender will be chosen by popular vote and will be presented with the rest of the day’s defenders at court

Please contact Lady Leaina if you would like to participate. We need more competitors!
Brandys_rn at yahoo.com
619-857-2718