[Coastal] Rapier War Practices

Brian O'hUilliam brianoftheloch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 10:06:53 PDT 2009

Greetings all,
   I have been asked by the Rapier General to host some melee practices in
preparation for Gulf War.  I would like to do a couple in different
locations so that we can get the information to as many people as possible.

   If you are going to Gulf War, especially if it is your first war, it is
important that you learn some of the standard Ansteorran commands & some the
conventions (or just get a refresher course).  They aren't difficult, they
just need to explained/taught.  If you are not going to war you are still
needed so we have opponents to face.
   We in the Coastal Region are VERY fortunate in that we have two fine
pre-Gulf War melee events.  Bordermarch Autumn Melees (BAM II) where we will
do battle against the Kingdom of Gleann Abhann on November 19-22 and Coastal
Invasion sponsored by the Shire of Seawinds January 29-31.  I encourage all
rapier fighters to attend both events.

I ask now what weekends would be good for these practices & where should we
hold them?

The weekend after Bordermarch is open (Nov 27-29):
Cons: People may still be recovering from BAM; it is Thanksgiving weekend
Pros: In my experience, the biggest desire for melee practices is
immediately following a major melee event.

The weekend following Guardian of the Gauntlet is open (Dec 18-20):
Cons: It is the weekend before Christmas
Pros: There is not an event the following weekend and it follows a major
tournament that essentially closes the tourney season & begins the melee
season & serious prep for war.

February 26-28:
Cons: It's getting close to the wire for war prep
Pros: It's right before war & possibly the final chance to get some practice
in
(Yes, I know that I said the the same thing twice, framing it differently.)

Please let me know what you all think.  I look forward to suggestions.

Also, I would like to encourage people to form their own fighting groups to
take to war.  If we have two or three well organized, possibly local, units
joining together to form a cohesive coastal squad, we will wreak havoc on
Trimaris and her Allies!
If you do not have a local group of fighters, or have only a small number of
fighters able to attend Gulf War, PLEASE contact me off-list and I will make
sure that you are in a group.

In Service,
Lord Brian O'hUilliam
CoRRM