[Coastal] Fw: BORDERMARCH BARONIAL CHAMPIONs event / site directions

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 10:06:05 PDT 2010

forwarded by permission - hillary

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: tessa <tessa at gt.rr.com>
To: tessa <tessa at gt.rr.com>
Sent: Sun, April 18, 2010 7:39:28 PM
Subject: BORDERMARCH BARONIAL CHAMPIONs event / site directions

----- Original Message ----- From: "tessa" <tessa at gt.rr.com>
To: "BARONY BORDERMARCH" <bordermarch at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2010 7:21 PM

Anticipation and excitement fill the air!
Coming this weekend:
BORDERMARCH BARONIAL CHAMPIONs event
http://www.bordermarch.org/Baronials/
Click on the link for BARONIALS info.  Site directions:

Winnie is located on I-10 about 30 miles west of Beaumont.
Exit #829 Hwy TX-124 (also called Gulfway Dr/Fm1663)
Head South; turn Right if traveling from Houston, Left if from Beaumont.
Winnie Park site is located about 1.7 miles from I-10.
Turn left on S. Park St.,  Winnie Park is on the immediate left.

The park has a nice modern children's play yard.
Winnie is a modern rodeo hamlet; fear not of horsemen in wide-bimmed hats, just yonder, over at the large arena.
We shall locate our tents and activities a few hundred yards away from last year's field, to over near the shade trees.

Although this event is not nearly so large at BAM, we do welcome the arrival of a minimal number of  SCA merchants.
There is no "merchant's fee" added to the gate price; however, an item of your wares contributed for prize largess
is apprecialted.

Set-up may begin Friday.
Participants will want to bring your shade-pavilions, chairs, tables, and banners ~that the breezes may fly with colors~
as all there witness prowess, artisans' skills, classes, and
the always fun courts of Their Excellenies of Bordermarch, Santiago & Elisabeth.

Thank you to HE AmberLea and Lady Jillian for volunteering to Minister the Lists.

(I will be happy to provide quick gate class instructions for any volunteer who needs a refresher on the how-to's.)
Gate opens Saturday morning.
"Thank you very much" to Lady Bianca for running gate.

Thank you to Lady Padragain for assisting with organizing the Prize Basket gifts.

We welcome Volunteers for
field marshalls,
field heralds,
gate duty, or
fighter support / bearing water
and any place that a persona would
like to be of assistance to our small barony's workers in putting on another fun event!

Event queries or volunteer's notices may be directed to
tessa at gt.rr.com
Please feel free to cross-post this message to other communication lists.

Tessa