[DFT] after yule revel

ThoraOdottir at aol.com ThoraOdottir at aol.com
Sun Dec 15 18:34:28 PST 2002

My lords view on this matter may differ from mine so don't take this letter
as his words as it is mine alone.  I have already spoken to one of the other
people involved and he has apologize and said he didn't realize what all had
happened.  Just the same, it is going to be a long time before I trust people
in this canton again.  After a great event people in our own canton and
household wouldn't even let me and my drunk husband pay for space on the
cabin floor.  But after they turned us down they invite others in to stay.
They sent us around asking one and then the next of them renting the cabin
for an OK just for one of them to say there wasn't any room on the floor and
black ball us.

Graciously House Falcon Rose took us in.  To say thank you I took my liquor I
was trying to get rid of over there to share to but everyone was already
getting ready for bed.  Since the Tor party seemed to still be going on I
decided to take the bottles over there to share and join in the party.  When
I get there, I find that the Tor group had twice the floor space and half the
people that the Falcon Rose group did.

We weren't asking to kick anyone out of a bed at the Tor cabin.  Just some
floor space for a drunk and an exhausted person to flop after the party.  We
were willing to pay for our share of the room just for a place to sleep on
the floor and we were turned out into the cold to beg space from a group with
twice the people already crammed in to a smaller space.  And the group with
less space didn't even blink at letting us into there already cramped cabin.

One good hearted lady in Falcon Rose had done business with the site for many
years.  When she saw how many were crammed into the Falcon Rose cabin she
managed to get another cabin for us and the other four extra people that they
had taken in that night.  She would only agree to repayment after we insisted
repeatedly.  We agreed to a barter and I owe her a tripod for her campfire
sometime in the spring.

It made me feel betrayed that our own friends would do something like this to
us and ashamed to find out how below Falcon Rose's caliber we ALL are.  Me
included because of my short temper with the situation after I found out the
truth in the matter and how Falcon Rose just listened to me vent and cry and
gave me hugs and told us to come back anytime and we are always welcome.  I
realized I hadn't even been that considerate to one of their own house
members in our Canton.  I am not going to mention her name here because I
have not mentioned any others.  I think she is subscribed to this list and
knows who she is.  I know her lord is.  I imagine one or both of them are
reading this right now.  I may not get along with her.  She may drive me
nuts.  I will admit I have no desire to be buddies with her for various
reasons she can take up with me at a later date, but I need to apologize to
her and her lord for the manner in which I have treated her.  I have taken
part in all of the backbiting and name calling with every one else and it was
wrong.

I am done venting now.  I didn't want this to sit and fester until it blew up
at the next populace or event.

Thora