[DFT] hosting king's college

Sue Delk ladydds at centex.net
Wed Jul 17 19:31:49 PDT 2002

I personally think that it's a good idea.  It's good for the canton
publicity wise, and the funds are always good, too.   Thanks, Seanan, for
finding that law regarding petitioning funds and how much profit we can
keep.
     If we plan to have the event at least a month after Guardian, that will
allow people to rest and get ready for another event.  We can be sure to
choose an autocrat who will not be involved intensively with Guardian to
keep from getting burned out.   (Bad mojo to autocrat 2 major events in a
row...gets tiring!)  We should have plenty of volunteers to autocrat and
co-autocrat this event.  If we can get Tarleton's permission to hold the
event there, it would be perfect.  Pre-made classrooms!
    Organizing classes is not too hard.  Many artisans are willing to teach,
providing there is space.  It's good PR for them, too.  The hard part is
making sure we have enough classrooms for the teachers and students and that
classes don't conflict too badly.
    Does anyone else have any pearls of wisdom?

In service,

Lady Genevieve del Gamba