[DFT] Fwd: Fw: Fwd: I Wish

Ldyinnes@aol.com Ldyinnes at aol.com
Sat Mar 30 06:38:27 PST 2002

From: Robertmique at aol.com
Full-name: Robertmique
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 02:19:10 EST
Subject: Fwd: Fw: Fwd: I Wish
To: Ldyinnes at aol.com

To: galaxygurl7 at hotmail.com, robertmique at aol.com, gypsygirlscout at hotmial.com,
    cytalkn2me at aol.com, Tumbles111370 at aol.com, om289 at aol.com,
    shadesgal at yahoo.com, achenomo at cwnet.com, james.sandoval at att.net,
    sharishealingenergy at hotmail.com
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:25:44 -0600
Subject: Fw: Fwd: I Wish
From: Monique N Roman <locamnr at juno.com>

They had announced her departure and standing near the
security gate, they hugged and he said, " I love you.
I wish you enough." she said "Daddy, our life together
has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever
needed. I wish you enough, too, Daddy." they kissed
and she left.

He walked over toward the window where I was seated.
Standing there I could see he wanted and needed to
cry. I tried not to intrude on his privacy, but he
welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say good-bye
to someone knowing it would be forever?"  "Yes, I
have," I replied. Saying that brought back memories I
had of expressing my love and appreciation for all my
Dad had done for me.  Recognizing that his days were
limited, I took the time to tell him face to face how
much he meant to me. So I knew what this man was
experiencing. "Forgive me for asking, but why is this
a forever good-bye?" I asked.  "I am old and she lives
much too far away. I have challenges ahead and the
reality is, the next trip back would be for my
funeral," he said.  "When you were saying good-bye I
heard you say, 'I wish you enough."  May I ask what
that means?"  He began to smile. "That's a wish that
has been handed down from other generations.  My
parents used to say it to everyone." He paused for a
moment and looking up as if trying to remember it in
detail, he smiled even more.  "When we said 'I wish
you enough,' we were wanting the other person to have
a life filled with just enough good things to sustain
them," he continued and then turning toward me he
shared the following as if he were reciting it from
memory.  "I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude
bright. I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun
more. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit
alive. I wish you enough pain so that the smallest
joys in life appear much bigger. I wish you enough
gain to satisfy your wanting.  I wish you enough loss
to appreciate all that you possess. I wish enough
"Hello's" to get you through the final "Good-bye." He
then began to sob and walked away.  My friends and
loved ones, I wish you ENOUGH!

Send this to your friends and don't forget to send it
back to the one that sent it to you.