[DFT] FP and my thanks

M R Russell mrussell1000 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 2 21:08:57 PST 2003

    My thanks to all the Non-combatants that showed at fighter practice this weekend. I want to encourage all to show that can if they fight or not. The larger the group of folk that appear the friendlier we appear. No one will approach four men armed with sticks "wacking" upon each other. Aided by the ladies of some of our fighters and others that can out with us we had a few mundanes either stop in their vehicals and watch or cross the park to stand and gaze. The more visable we are the more common we become, the more common we are the more we are accepted. Each and everyone of you know that these Yahoo rednecks of this town regard us as "different" and love to cat call as they pass. On the other hand though some get curious enough to stop and watch for a bit, let alone those that walk the park each week. If we come out as a group and maybe even find someone not shy enough, say to talk to the crouds as they appear, maybe we can increase our numbers if not our standing in this community. So if you're sitting at home watching paint dry with nothing else to do give thought to supporting your local fighters, or hell come out and watch me get my ass kicked. Again my thanks to all that attended today and I look forward to seeing everyone at A&S tuesday night and next sunday to die for ya'll again.

Always (and forever, hehe)
Hengist