[DFT] Lorica Segmentata

M R Russell mrussell1000 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 17 20:11:20 PST 2003

Rewall,

    The shoulders in the real Segmentata had strips, mine used larger "D"
shaped peices. I'm not sure which pattern you are using but for protection I
would go with the larger peices. The little strips will become displaced
easier in combat and not sit too well on your shoulders untill the leather
settles in. Unless we used lighter strips to connect them and then they will
be jostled about too much hence the first problem, displacement. Understand
any of this? Good, cause it would be easier to show you than attempt to type
it all out. Anyway when ever you are ready to assemble just call or e-mail
me and we'll set an appointment up to either have you here or me somewhere
we can work together. Any plans on the color or the armor? I prefered
natural, that way when it reaches the color of mine you know its time to
replace it. Otherwise you end up killing your opponents with the odor from
your armor rather than your stick. I have several colors of dye though if
you feel it needs some.
    As for your name, when I was learning everyones SCA name I thought you
stated your name was Rewaldo/Rewalden. ReWall was easier to remember and so
it stuck. Same goes for a lot of SCA'rs I run across. I guess I'm related to
heralds some how, they slaughter names just as bad or worse than I.

Always