[DFT] FW: [Elfsea] My "ideal" Baron & Baroness of Elfsea are:

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Wed Jul 23 07:38:03 PDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: elfsea-bounces at ansteorra.org [mailto:elfsea-bounces at ansteorra.org]
On Behalf Of Richard Threlkeld
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 9:25 AM
To: 'Candace Baker'; Elfsea; loch-ruadh at ansteorra.org;
dragonsfire-torl at ansteorra.org
Subject: RE: [Elfsea] My "ideal" Baron & Baroness of Elfsea are:

I am strongly in favor of mentoring and have done it myself for several
years. As to your second point, I would strongly encourage each officer
to get an interested deputy *and use them*. Many of the officers in the
past have named someone their deputy then basically ignored them. Use
them. Train them. Have them do the job sometimes when you are there so
you can mentor them. This has been my habit and it means (1) mundanity
can strike without hurting the office, (2) we get a broader base of
people who know how to do many things, (3) we have a trained person who
will probably bid for the office when it becomes open, and (4) the
deputy gets the satisfaction of doing useful work for their Barony.
Additionally, each officer should involve the populace to spread the
work and make others feel a part of the "action".

In service,
Caelin on Andrede