[DFT] Re: [Elfsea] News from Pennsic

Armand Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Mon Aug 23 09:36:10 PDT 2004

Yes! Centurion Tomas, the chivalric Guardian of Dragonsfire Tor, fought
magnificently in the Knowne World Squires Tourney. The format was double
elimination, fought Atlantia speed tourney-style (all pairings fighting
simultaneously). As the ranks of the undefeated dwindled I was proud to see
Centurion Tomas still standing alongside only four others. While they waited
for the group with one loss to shrink closer to their numbers, the skies
opened up and the rains and wind swept across the list. In the semi-final
round, Centurion Tomas and Lord? Max slugged it out in a marathon bout
running 10 minutes or more in the down pour. The bout was so long that
theirs was the only fight left in progress and all eyes were riveted to that
match. Finally, Tomas legged his opponent. But the advantage was short
lived, for his tenacious opponent soon had legged Tomas as well. Blow after
blow ensued and then at last.....a resounding, unimpeded strike to the
onside helm and Max fell....but his sword had also found Centurion Tomas'
helm....perhaps not as forcefully, but it was clean....double kill. The
applause from the onlookers drowned out the ever increasing rains. The two
fought again, resuming the marathon. In the end, Centurion Tomas was dealt
his first loss, but had gained the attention of all on the field. Tomas
continued to cull out those in the losers bracket until only four fighters
remained in the list. In his final bought, Centurion Tomas' opponent fought
florentine and I heard it said that he had won last year's knowne world
squires tourney. After yet another hard fought, valiant effort, Centurion
Tomas was dealt his second loss and departed the list, having made it to the
final four. In the finals, it was the two who had dealt Tomas his losses,
but the hearty souls who endured to the end where nonetheless most impressed
with Centurion Tomas, as was I. Vivat for the Guardian of Dragonsfire Tor!

-=Armand=-
Lord Elfsea

From: "Ms Pict" <dftfeast at hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Elfsea] News from Pennsic

Vivat to our Baron.Well done.

And Vivate to Centurian Tomas Niallagain. Is this the same Centurian Tomas
Nallagain that is the current champion of Dragonsfire Tor???

Janie