[DFT] A&S Weekend Day proposal

Sue Delk ladydds at centex.net
Mon Jan 5 16:06:45 PST 2004

Greetings,

    I'd like to put my two cents in on this subject.  I like the idea of A&S on a Saturday, and most will know my main reason.  Since I have to travel, it is easier for me to make A&S if it's held on a weekend, but I also understand that I am the exception and not the rule.  If we schedule after populace, we might get better attendence, but sometimes that can run into late night and some people need to get ready for work, school, etc.  Aside of my personal reasons, here are other reasons why it might be good to hold A&S on a Saturday:

1.  It's easier to get outside A&S instructors (ie from Elfsea, Steppes, Loch Ruadh, etc) to come on a Saturday.

2.  Sometimes it's easier for folks to schedule if they are not attending events.   I agree with Lady Simone that sometimes we all have events to go to on populace weekends.  If there are major events (like Coronation, Crown, War, our events, etc) don't schedule A&S.  Best thing is to check the Kingdom calendar.  If we know most of the populace will be attending one particular event, reschedule.

3.  More opportunity for people from outside the Canton to join us for our events.  Again, this is a travel issue.  We can maybe try for a "theme" A&S day where we could be holding a class on specific time period to bring more people in.  For example, we could have a day on Elizabethan clothing design, foods, courtly graces, dance, etc.  Or a day devoted to "period looking" clothing designs, fabric,  fro reasonable prices, etc.  Whatever the populace would like to focus on.

4.  The idea of a DFT day/weekend is good.  It's good to focus on us--that's how we grow.

These are just my ideas and opinions.  Please feel free to comment.  We need input from everybody to help make the best of our A&S time. Thanks!

In service,
Lady Genevieve del Gamba