[DFT] I need a replacement as autocrat

ThoraOdottir at aol.com ThoraOdottir at aol.com
Thu Jul 15 19:30:58 PDT 2004

Dear Dragon's Fire Tor:

As most of you know my husband lost his job last month.  We have now learned
that he does not qualify for unemployment benefits.  I cannot foretell when my
husband or I may find employment and as such cannot be sure we could even
attend let alone autocrat this event.  I feel that I should step down as autocrat
now so that someone with the time and mental and emotional resources will
have time to put this event together properly.

I have considered this decision long and hard over the past month and have
come to the conclusion that I must ask for someone to replace me as autocrat for
Yule Revel 2004. I left a message to this effect with our seneschal's
answering machine this morning.  I am using the list to announce this as I don't know
when I will next be able to make it to a populace meeting, and I feel this of
an important and urgent enough nature to warrant it.

Many times I have heard people remind each other that this SCA is only a
game.  The time has come for me to take that into perspective and get my mundane
life back in line and my financial house in order.  I have to put my full
efforts and resources into finding work and keeping my family treading financial
water until that work is found.

I sincerely apologize to all of you for letting you down and not coming
through on this.  I just feel this is the responsible time to do this so that Yule
Revel can be done right and be the best event it can be.  I can forward any
and all information on what I have gotten done to my replacement, whomever it
may be, so they can decide what to do with it.  Just let me know where to send
it.

I am so sorry.

With sincere regret,
Lady Thora Olafsdottir