[DFT] Fwd: [Elfsea] FW: [Ansteorra-announce] Gathering and Sending Care Packages to ourService Man and Women

kristid2001 at yahoo.com kristid2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 13:42:02 PDT 2004

Hey, y'all!
Kristi here. Please take a moment to read the following e-mail.
Leslie- do you think anyone would contribute if someone started a collection point at the library? I would love to do this if no-one else is already doing something like this in the community.
Bret- I figured that as a police officer you would know if anyone is doing this. Please let me know. I think it's a very valid idea. I'm gonna hit up my boss to let me start a collection box here at Terminix as well.
Katie- just thought I'd see if anyone in your neck of the plains is doing this 'cause I know how enthusiastic Julia can be when properly channeled ;-).
Billie- you are the e-mail goddess. If I get to do this, I was going to ask you to assist. You know who to call/e-mail!
Y'all please get back to me and let me know what y'all think.

Christine Huse <dchuse at netzero.com> wrote:

Subject:FW: [Ansteorra-announce] Gathering and Sending Care
Packages to ourService Man and Women

Most of you know that my brother Scott was over there <snip>he said it was absolutely awesome to recieve the care packages we sent him.<mucho snip>

The following is a list of things the soldiers need:
Beanie Babies (they can give these to the children, which helps them make
allies)
Breakfast-type foods and drinks are the most needed.
Beefaroni, ravioli, spaghetti & meatballs, etc
Beef Jerky
Candy, gum, trail mix, etc.
Fruit, in the small flip top cans. (Put zip-top cans in a plastic bag!)
Cereal bars, granola bars, Special-K bars, etc.
Coffee, instant and regular, and filters.
Coffee cups. (metal, camping types are good.)
Coffee makers, hot plates.
Canned nuts.
Canned chips, like the potato sticks or the small canned Pringles, Doritos,
etc.
Decent can openers
Powdered drinks, pre-sweetened, Kool-Aid, Gatorade, etc.
Snacks, brownies,Lil Debbie, snack cakes, etc, nothing with icing that will
melt.
Soups, chunky, chicken, beef, etc.
Tuna, canned and packs.
Antibacterial wipes - lots of these!
Anti-fungal for their feet - athletes foot creme, foot powder - no aerosol
bottles.
Band Aids, cough lozenges, small packs of Kleenex, shower-to-shower powder.
Combs, paper, pens, envelopes, lip balm, eye drops, q-tips, nail clippers.
Eye drops - the cleaning kind - because of all the sand storms...(Put in
plastic bag!)
Flip flops - shower shoes - so they can air their feet out when they get a
break.
NO Flea Collars!!
Small containers of Tylenol, Motrin, etc.
Small tubes of toothpaste and toothbrushes, deodorant, soap, shampoo.
Sunscreen
Comics and paperback books, crossword puzzle books.
DVDs & CDs.
Game Boys, the ones your kids don't use anymore, and the games
Magazines.
Sports stuff (baseballs, footballs, old gloves, frisbees...)
Batteries, alkaline - Mostly AA-size, but some AAA
Batteries, rechargeable, and chargers - Mostly AA-size, but some AAA also.
Avon Skin-So-Soft Bug Guard, available here for 1/2 off sale.
DEET insect spray.
Disposable cameras.
Electrical items; Transformers, dual voltage appliances, plug adapters, etc
Fans. All kinds. Especially small, hand-held battery types. The kind with
sprayers are great.
Flashlights - small, black or dark green, AA battery.
Headlights (small flashlights worn on a helmit).
Maglite (flashlight) bulbs.
Music CD's. (Have a portable player you don't use anymore?)
Pens, paper, envelopes. (NO stamps! They get free mail.)
Phone Cards
Pillows,small or inflatable, self-inflating camping air mattress.
SpaceR "All Weather" blankets. (Find the ones with olive drab, tan or camo
on one side.)
SpaceR "Emergency" blankets. (These are much smaller, easy to keep.)
The Oxford Picture Dictionary: English/Arabic