[DFT] the Other shoe

kristid2001 at yahoo.com kristid2001 at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 17:23:04 PDT 2004

you know that saying about the other shoe falling?......

Dad's going in to have an Arteriogram Thursday morning. He has been having chest pain and tightness for the last two weeks and did not tell us. Friday he almost pased out while visiting me at work. He was helping one of my co-workers hang a picture while standing in a chair. He was hammering a tack into the wall. He dropped the hammer, grabbed his chest, turned green and started sweating, then stumbled down off the chair. I'll tell you, he scared the crap outta me. After he rested for a few seconds, it subsided. We called his doctor, and he sent Dad to have a stress test done. He had a full blown angina attack today at the doctor's office while undergoing the stress test. The ECG shows that his heart is not funtioning properly. The left pulmonary artery shows blockage. The cardiologist said he will probably need an arterial stent, but it may be by-pass surgery. We will know more Thursday morning. I'll keep all posted.
Mom's doing better, by the way. She says she guesses the new nursing home's ok. ;-)

Kristi