[DFT] Guardian of the Tor event

Ms Pict dftfeast at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 12:11:25 PDT 2004

Hi,

My input.

If we choose to do over Guardian I vote for July 23-25. It would give us
enough time to advertise and get stuff done. Plus the river would be very
inviting at that time of the year. The bees would not be in yet however
there will probably be grass burrs.

And I suggest that we offer if you bring your site token from Guardian of
the flood you only pay ½ price or none at all(we will still have to cover
the port-o-johns and site fee). I believe this would encourage the people
who got washed out to come back. Plus if they are at a discounted fee no
NMS.

I also have no problem with passing on this year and holding it next year. I
know of a couple of champions that would love to hold on to the regalia for
another year. (He, He).

As for Yule revel I vote they cater. I have seen our cost for food when we
do Yule as high as $1200.00. At that rate we would have to have 160 people
at $10.00 (full price) just to break even. And that does not include the 10
– 14 meals we comp. for champions, companions, and royalty. That adds
another $100 to $140. to the bill. So that make the break even number go up
to around 174.  That is above our usual attendance unless something special
is going on.

I also suggest that the feast be prepaid (enforced) with a different price
for those that do not eat feast. (This was one of the complaints I had heard
from last year) We have more than enough time to advertise and collect for
this. With a prepaid it would allow us to have a larger menu. The menu would
need to be in place by September at the latest so we would know what our
cost was and be able to adjust accordingly.

I had more than enough to eat at the event last year and I was at the end of
the line. (Where there was no dessert left!!!!). However I know what the
appetites are like in the SCA so maybe another course would be helpful.

And last if they cater or we do the food, when we advertise we need to know
what is in the food for those with allergies so they can make a decision if
they want feast or not.

And last, last I believe the people that came to the event enjoyed the
divers selections at the bar. The site was large an accommodating with
plenty of room. Push that in the advertising. Maybe even a few pictures.

Ok I will now step off this silly box I seem to be standing on.

Janie DFT