[DFT] Mighty Logathar

Armand Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Tue Sep 7 11:01:15 PDT 2004

Greetings Dragonsfire Tor!

I just wanted to convey wordfame for Lord Logathar's amazing performance at
the first Ansteorran Barrier Battle Ultimate Fighting Championship at Gothic
War. For those who missed this incredible spectactle, I must say that never
before, in all my time within the SCA, have I witnessed a more amazing
tournament. The courage, brutality, adrenalin, spectator excitment with
their deafening roars, weeping women, people out of their seats, men
cheering non-stop and wide-eyed looks on even the most seasoned veterans was
simply astounding. I myself was transported to another place, befitting our
King's roman reign, where I witnessed first hand the alure of the gladiator
games of old. Combatants placed a hand on the barrier with their weapons at
the ready. King Quintus Aurelius Dracontius himself marshalled the bouts and
made rulings on disqualifications. If your hand came off the barrier,
purposely or accidentally, you were out. If you struck your opponent's arm
(that grasped the barrier) too many times, you were done. If the King felt
you were done, you were done. 22 men and women fought at the barrier. Many
legendary fighters fought this tourney. Sir Kief av Kiersted fighting Sir
Jean Paul de Sans. Jarl Timo facing off with the wall they called Lord Roc.
Centurian (soon to be Sir) Owen, Centurian Ishfael who won the final round,
and many others, all exceptional fighters. Many, many spectacular fights and
testaments of endurance, stubborness and shear berserker ferocity. The
double elimination format tested the fighters to the limit. After several
bouts, I congratulated Sir Kief as he was eliminated. I congratulated Lord
Daire de Haiya, Sir Jean Paul, Jarl Timo, Centurion Owen, Sir Max and more.
And yet ....... there was Lord Logathar still battling on, still in the
list. He took the name of Dragonsfire Tor into the quarter finals of this
tournament that you will no doubt here of for many moons to come. Know ye
one and all that one such as this walks in your midst. Be proud Dragonsfire
Tor, and when next your path may cross that of Lord Logathar, take a moment
to pay some respect and give thanks (and perhaps some pain killers), for he
is a worthy protector of your canton and has represented you incredibly
well. Congratulations Lord Logathar, you have my sincere respect, admiration
and thanks. These words do not do justice to those who fought, it was simply
spectacular.

So say I,
Baron Armand Dragonetti
Lord Dragonsfire Tor