[DFT] re: Elfsea Defender canceled this weekend

Ms Pict dftfeast at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 21 10:04:21 PDT 2005

Hi,

You will see this on [Ansteorra-announce] Elfsea Defender CANCELLATION. In
case you have not seen it yet here it is.

Rixende de Rouen <rixende at gmail.com  wrote:

Greetings unto the Noble Kingdom of Ansteorra from Honorable Lady Rixende de
Rouen, Seneschal of the Barony of Elfsea.
It is with heavy heart, but growing concern for the health and welfare of
the populace of our fair lands, and those who intended on visiting us this
weekend, that Elfsea Defender is cancelled. We will look at rescheduling
this event in the future.
After reviewing the National Weather Service predictions for Hurricane
Rita, it appears that there will still be the potential for Category 1 level
winds to hit the site in Canton. Their Excellencies, the autocrats, and I
have determine that we do not want to risk the chance of flooding and wind
damage to those who would camp at the site.
We have also learned that the site will be in use as a Hurricane evacuee
location, and as such we feel that those efforts are far more important than
continuing with our event as planned.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact
myself or Their Excellencies at our contact numbers in the Black Star.
In Service,
Rixende de Rouen

--
Honorable Lady Rixende de Rouen, CIM, CSM
Seneschal, Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra