[DFT] An amazing event

Bill Perkins bill.perkins at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 2 19:06:40 PDT 2012

Greetings unto our wonderful populace of Elfsea and Dragonsfire Tor, and to the rest of Ansteorra:

Elfsea Defender was an amazing success!  Their Majesties, Their Highnesses and our other guests all seemed to enjoy themselves greatly.  An event does not happen without the hard work and dedication of many people.  It is hard sometimes to be able to thank everyone who worked - we all help in a variety of ways to make the event fun.  So, to the best of our memory, here goes...

Mistress Kalida Aristana made the latest mugs for our new Defenders, and as is her tradition wove a new wreath for the consort to the Chivalric Defender.

Lord Niall the Silent, in his quiet and very industrious way, worked hard with setup and teardown.

Master Caelin, Her Ladyship Ker Megan, Lady Janie, Lord Eoghan, and many others from our Canton of Dragonsfire Tor for providing the travelers fare Friday evening.

Lady Lauretta d'Avenporte stepped up to run the tavern.  She had an excellent crew, including Lord Franklin Whitenhale of Cheshire, Lady Diana the Just, Lady Aaliz du Lac, Lady Janie of Dragonsfire Tor, and Lord Eoghan mac Cinatha.

Al Aeryn and her daughter, our ward Vivian, took care of providing a wonderful royal luncheon for the visiting Royal House of Ansteorra.

Lady Aerindis and Lady Gera von Roer provided fighter support, and made sure all of the combatants who were testing themselves stayed hydrated and cool.

Lady Caitrina inghean Mhurchada and Lord Edwin de Brus for coordinating and running gate, including the support of His Excellency Duncan Hepburn, Her Excellency Katheryn Cunninghame, Her Ladyship Ker Megan, Lady Katrine, Her Ladyship Elspeth, Carola Ellinger, Lady Aaliz du Lac, Lady Diana the Just, and Countess Elizabeth

Master Caelin, Her Ladyship Ker Megan, and Don Sebastian for running the Archery competitions.

Sir Modius, Don Corvin, Don Iago and Don Robin for stepping up and helping Her Excellency Amalia judge the brewing and vintning competition.

It is with a heavy heart that we release our past Defenders - Duke Gunthar Jonsson, Lord Lorenzo Baglioni, and Master Caelin on Andrede.  These worthies will always be special to us, as our first Defenders.  We appreciate the hard work, dedication and honor they showed Elfsea over the past year, and their invaluable assistance in helping us find our newest Defenders.

All of the competitors showed heart and chivalry throughout the day.  We enjoyed watching you compete and vie to be Elfsea's next Defenders.

We are proud to announce that our newest defenders are:

Count Lochlan Dunn - Elfsea Chivalric Defender holding the favor of Countess Gwen verch Cynwrig de Ynys Mon - Queen of Love and Beauty

Lord Miguel Vaello de Villajoissa - Elfsea Rapier Defender

Lord Gavin the Younger - Elfsea Archery Defender holding the favor of M'lady Ciara - Queen of Inspiration

Dane the Red - Elfsea Youth Chivalric Defender

Lastly, thank you to Their Majesties and Their Highnesses for attending our event and helping make our day that extra bit special!

Alejandro y Amalia
Barón y Baronesa de Elfsea