[DFT] a call for help

Steven Bowman gnitsaf at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 15:38:18 PST 2014

Most of you know me, I am Vittorio Dona.  I am the local rapier Marshall
for Elfsea. What you may not know is that mundanely, I am a pharmacy
technician.  Working in the medical field you see a lot.  I have a soft
spot for the sick, especially children.  When I found out that we could
have the opportunity to bring some joy and happiness to these kids come
summer I couldn't pass it up. The time of year when they should be out
swimming with their friends and enjoying a brake from school but instead
they are stuck in the hospital.

So with that I would like to ask your support for "Elfsea Bringing the
Middle Ages to Cook".

The actual party we will only be allowed to have a very small number in
attendance.  If you're interested in actually attending and interacting
with these children, please contact me directly. All attendees must have a
photograph waiver on file or be willing to sign a new one.

We do however need support to send with the attendees.  We will be
providing them with a medieval themed party. In the interest of keeping
everyone involved I'll be happy to share the details over email rather than
getting together for coffee. Though I am happy to do that always.

We are asking for gifts for 7 to 11 year olds.  We would need approx 30
gifts with a mix of boys and girls.  If this is something we plan on doing
next year (hint hint) then we can make more to ensure that no one is left
out or make unisex gifts.  Ideas for gifts? Remember no latex.  I was
thinking of a stuffed doll but in the shape of a crown and maybe something
like knight or lady specific. I am not real creative so I would love ideas.

I was thinking since it is a party would put on a feast type party with a
throne for a boy and girl to sit next to any royalty that may attend.  And
we could rotate them out to give everyone a chance. The food would be at
the tables.  Food is another thing. Should we cook or purchase? These are
children that are going through a lot so I can contact the hospital for
specific requirements on dietary needs.  The only thing I've gotten so far
is that we would be responsible for food/snacks/treats.

I also thought we could tell some stories while sporting our best bling.
 Possibly coloring pages for the kids to keep for later.  Maybe games in
the mean time?

Other games/activity ideas? go?

Vittorio Dona