[DFT] Thank you Dragonsfire Tor for two great years

Seneschal of Dragonsfire Tor via Dragonsfire-tor dragonsfire-tor at lists.ansteorra.org
Fri Sep 30 19:00:57 PDT 2016

Greetings to All of Dragonsfire Tor,

Today, September 30th, is my last day as Seneschal of the Great Canton of
Dragonsfire Tor and tomorrow the Canton will have a new Seneschal.  I have
not been a player in this fantastic game we play for very long but being
Seneschal of the Canton of Dragonsfire Tor has been, by far, the best job
and most rewarding I have held in the SCA so far.  What made this position
so fantastic were the people I worked with and those I worked for.

Two years ago when Mistress Asiya gave me the honor to be Seneschal, the
Barony and the Canton had some major issues and were greatly divided.  At
the time Mistress Asiya was the Acting Central Region Seneschal and Lady
Aoife was soon to be the Acting Seneschal for Elfsea and Duke Drake and
Countess Sibri were the Barony’s Vicar and Vicaress.  Together with a new
Baron and Baroness and the populace of both the Barony and the Canton we
have turned things around and both are functioning much smoother now.  We
still have a few divisions and we have lost friends over the past two years
but we are in a far better place now.

I would like to thank Mistress Asiya for having faith and trust in me and
giving me the honor to serve the Populace of the Tor, for her wisdom and
for keeping me on path.  It has been great working with Baron William and
Baroness Cassandra.  Baron, not to worry we will still kill a little bit of
the Kraken from time to time.

Lady Aoife, my compadre, my confidant, my friend, we have worked so well
together and we did a lot of good this past two years.  We worked on
raising funds for our Queen to attend the Coronation of the first King and
Queen of the new Kingdom in Canada, we helped raise food for our local Food
Banks and this year we raised funds to help our King and Queen to attend
both the SCA 50th and Pennsic XLV.  We did Good!  Thank You.  What can we
do next?

It was the Populace of our Canton who came together and worked so hard to
make our Canton as great as it is. This past two years we have held two
successful Yule Revels and two successful Guardian of the Tors and a very
successful and well attended Queen’s Champion.  Thank you Lady Aaliz, Lord
Ravenger, Lady Diana, Baroness Janie for being our Event Stewards for these
great event and thanks to all of your staff members.  With the help of our
wonderful Populace, Dragonsfire Tor put on a grand display at the First
Tournament of Champions last year.  The Kingdom knew we were there.  Thank
you one and all for your help and for working together.

Another reason the Canton is doing so well now is because of our Officers
we have had over the past two years.  I would like to thank the
following;  Baroness
Janie for stepping in as Exchequer just as she finished a 2 year stint as
Central Region Exchequer and she has done an outstanding job.   I want to
thank Lady Tamsin, while being a full time student she did an outstanding   job
as our Rapier Marshal and Brian for stepping up and taking her place at the
end of her term. I would like to thank Lady Aaliz for being our Hospitaler
and H.L. Desire’e for becoming our Minister of A&S and Scotty for helping
keep A&S alive and well in the Canton with his Forge Nights. I would also
like to thank Lady Diana for being our Chronicler also for serving as
Central Region’s Chronicler at the same time.  And I would like to thank
Lord Angus for being my Deputy and I am looking forward to working with
Lord Angus as he becomes the next Seneschal of our Great Canton.

Thank you and as always, in your Service,

Lord Franklin Whitenhale of Cheshire
Seneschal of the Great Canton of Dragonsfire Tor