[DFT] Yule Revel Mead Competition

Baron of Elfsea baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Sun Nov 4 18:12:57 PST 2018

Building on the enthusiasm from our recent Baronial College, the Baroness
and I have spoken with the Event Stewards for Dragonsfire Tor's upcoming
Yule Revel and we are adding a competition to the event. Baroness Katheryn
and I will host a Mead Competition.

We have noticed much excitement centering around the mead making class
taught by Lord Hugi Orlanderson. A week does not go by that someone,
usually several people, mentions the progress of their mead, the smell, the
fermentation, clarity, etc. According to the timetable presented at the
class, the mead should be ready to taste by Yule Revel. Please note that
this competition is not limited to those who took Lord Hugi's class, it is
open to all.

So, to this end, we present the rules of the competition:

1. One bottle of mead is to be submitted for judging. If you have multiple
flavors which you have brewed, one additional bottle may be submitted per
flavor.

2. Judges will be selected by the Baron and Baroness of Elfsea the day of
the event. The number of judges will also be determined the day of the
event.

3. While there are many criteria that could be used in the judging, this
competition will be based solely on taste as preferred by the judges.

4. This will be a blind judging. All entries will be assigned a number and
tagged. The judges will not be directly informed of who submitted an entry
nor the number assigned to each entry until after the judging has taken
place.

5. There will one winner selected and the prize awarded during evening
Court. The award will not convey any title nor precedence, other than
bragging rights and the favor of the Baron and Baroness.

Kazimierz and Katheryn,
Baron and Baroness of Elfsea
Lord and Lady Dragonsfire Tor