[DFT] Archery for DFT

Seneschal of Dragonsfire Tor seneschal at dragonsfire-tor.ansteorra.org
Wed Nov 7 07:22:50 PST 2018

Greetings,

I just received an email from Lord Nikolai Vladislav, Kingdom Missile, and
said the Kingdom is willing to help DFT get archery started.

Before DFT can hold an archery practice we must first have a safe location
AND a Marshal and a DFT officer to attend the practice.  This Sunday at
Populace I would like to meet with all who are interested in archery and
decide on a location.  Then I can work on getting a Marshal and officer
lined up so we can start holding practice.

In the meantime, please consider carpooling to attend Elfsea’s archery
practice held on just about every other Sunday at 2pm.  November 11th and 25
th are the next two.  Please visit
http://elfsea.ansteorra.org/activities/archery

for more information.

Please let me know if anyone is planning to attend War of the Rams (BAM)
weekend after this one.  Lord Nikolai Vladislav will be there and would
like to help and talk with anyone.

DFT will need our own Marshal.  Within the next week I will be opening to
receive applications for Marshal.  To be a marshal you must know the safety
and SCA policies of archery and know how to set up a range to SCA
standards, how to call the firing line and manage the archers, equipment
inspection.

In the meantime here are some links that are helpful and to review and
study;

http://marshal.ansteorra.org/

http://marshal.ansteorra.org/handbook/

http://elfsea.ansteorra.org/activities/archery

I will have a few copies of the Target Archery Marshal’s Handbook at
Populace this Sunday.

In Your Service,

Franklin