[DFT] Thank you

Seneschal of Dragonsfire Tor seneschal at dragonsfire-tor.ansteorra.org
Mon Aug 3 13:13:03 PDT 2020

Greetings,

I have had the honor of being the Seneschal for the Canton of Dragonsfire
Tor for the last two years.  I went back and looked at my first Seneschal
Report to see what goals I had set and to see if I met them.  This is what
I stated in my first report;

“This first year I will be working on boosting membership.  I am already
making plans with Elfsea's new B&B for Elfsea to come down, in force and
have a Demo at the park in October.  We will be backing this up with
advertising and media exposure, so we will be looking to the Kingdom for
guidance and help.”

We held a stand-alone demo at Jaycee Park in October 2018, and The B&B and
the Barony of Elfsea came down in force to help us.  From the Demo we
gained Joe and Page Roberts and with their help we the SCA gained new
members.  Since that day in the park Joe became our Archery Marshal and
Paige became our Thrown Weapons Marshal and our Web Minister.

Also in that first report I listed DFT having only a Treasure and a Rapier
Marshal as officers.  In my last Seneschal report I will be listing DFT
having a Treasure, Rapier Marshal, Knights Marshal, Thrown Weapons Marshal,
Archery Marshal, Chronicler, Hospitaler, and Web Minister.

Over the last two years, we also have reviewed and updated our Financial
Policy including revamping our Financial Committee.  Repairs have been made
to the trailer and we are in the process of installing shelves.   Our
relationship with the Barony has even gotten better.  And, we have also
seen a good increase in active members.

The down side to the last two years is that we had to cancel our last two
Guardian of the Tor and our upcoming Yule Revel.  But fortunately we are
monetarily strong enough to weather storms and COVID.

A Seneschal cannot do much on their own without the help and support of the
group’s Populace.  It is because people of this great Canton that we have
accomplished so much these past two years.

As I step down from being Seneschal there a few people I would like to
thank who really helped make DFT a great place to play.  Aaliz for doing a
great job as Chronicler.  Joe and Paige for setting up and developing an
Archery and Thrown Weapons programs.  Duke Gabriel and Duchess Sonia for
their help and support.  Jay, you did more than you know, thank you.
Master Caelin for stepping up and offing to be our Exchequer.  Chris for
wanting to be our Knights Marshal, and then COVID 19 happened.  Shannon for
being our Hospitaler.  Last but not least, Scotty and Janie for opening
their home for get togethers and for Janie for always volunteering for
everything. The help and support DFT has received form Baron Kaz and
Baroness Kat and all the members of the great Barony of Elfsea has been
outstanding and thank you Baron Kaz and Baroness Kat for your excellent
guidance.  I would also like to thank Baron William for his support and
Friendship.

Being the Seneschal for the Canton of Dragonsfire is an Honor because I was
able to work with great people and help lead a great Canton.

 Thank you DFT for your all your help and support,

H.L. Franklin Whitenhale of Cheshire