[Elfsea] Re: [Steppes] Smu demo - Thank you

letebts at earthlink.net letebts at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 27 20:22:12 PDT 1956

You gentles who were not present, for one reason or another, missed a fun
day, even with the threat of rain.
There were others there besides our group: Time after TIme--a couple who
brought their rehabilitated falcons, eagle and owls; a set of Irish step
dancers (Riverdance, eat your heart out!); a lady with a harp; a fellow
running "jousts" on a huge blow-up floor for adventureous visitors, and a
fellow who offered a free lunch of Sloppy Joes catered from Sonny Bryan's
Barbeque place for anyone who wanted it,; and Lord knows how many others.
Even the SMU police went out of their way to help. Vivat!
[Is "Vivat!" the SCA equivalent of "Ooo-rah!" ? ;-)    ]

This thing may really take off next year. You'd better plan on it if we are
invited again....and I think we will be. Our part was no small potatoes!!!

Thanks, Lord Ulrich, for taking the co-ordinator's job and seeing it through
so well. Gentles, you may all be proud of him. (Mea, give him a big kiss and
hug to show our appreciation. Thanks.)

Lete