ES - Re: Elfsea Mailing List Help

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Tue Dec 23 08:34:06 PST 1997

Galen here!  Recognizing that the question asked by one is often
wondered about by many, I'm publically answering a question
that was asked privately:

> I seem to be missing the point in the 'majordomo' instructions regarding
> exactly how to aquire the Elfsea online mailing list.  I have responded
> several different ways, with no success.  Would you please enlighten me
> further, as I believe I have  obviously missed the point in the instructions.
>
> Thanks in advance --

I'm not sure this is what you're asking, but:

1. send an e-mail note addressed to <majordomo at ansteorra.org>
	a. any subject, or none
	b. text reads only "who elfsea" without the quotation marks

2.  re-check your e-mail.  You should get a near-immediate reply listing
all the e-mail addresses on the mailing list.

I've just done this, and the results are below:

I don't know why you want this information, but it's publically
available
using this method.

If all you want to do is send a note to everyone on the list, just
address
whatever you want to say to <elfsea at ansteorra.org> and everyone on the
list
will shortly receive your note.

Majordomo is a program running on a server called "ansteorra.org".  The
Kingdom website is on this server, and the majordomo administers quite a
few e-mail mailing lists, including lists called "Ansteorra",
"Bryn-Gwlad",
"Elfsea", "Central" (for the Central Region), and more.  Much more info
about these lists are available on the website referenced in the footer
of this message.

All this was set up by Bryn Gwlad's Lord Phelim Utred Gervais (Pug, as
he's
better known).  He tells it me it's no trouble to add a list, as long as
he doesn't have to be list administrator.

- Galen
Elfsea List Administrator
still in Austin 'til late Thurs.

Members of list 'elfsea':